But what would you do with the notification?

You can't put it in memcache (memcache is usually disabled too) and, trying
to put it in the datastore (provided you can do it before it actully goes
read-only), will probably be no more efficient than trying a real write
anyway.

But that does lead to possibly a quick way to test, try a Memcache set.

*"**will instead return False for set() calls ..... In addition, memcache
API calls will return immediately during this period, without any additional
latency."*

Barry

- www.nearby.org.uk - www.geograph.org.uk -