I have a handler with the "secure: optional" setting in my app.yaml
file. When I make http requests to one of its url's, the data is
retrieved and returned no problem. When I make an https to the same
url, however, the handler's call to users.get_current_user() returns
None, so that the request cannot be processed (and my code returns
401).

Has anyone had this problem with https requests? I presume the user-
cookie-info isn't getting included in the appropriate request header,
but I have no idea why that might be or how to fix it. If anyone can
help with this, I would sure appreciate it.