I've been adding some new datastore-intensive features to an app and
am blowing through the "CPU Time" quota. While my understanding is
that the "Datastore CPU Time" quotas have been lifted while the App
Engine team continues to work on the performance, I can't figure out
why these are mutually exclusive metrics in my app.

When I measure the cpu cycles being consumed in the new features, it
is almost exclusively in the db.put() call. In fact, 50% of the time,
I'm getting DeadlineExceeded errors before the put call even returns.

Is the "Datastore CPU Time" also counted in the "CPU Time"? If so, are
there plans to extend the quota limits there as well?

I'm interested in finding some resources that track performance
metrics on App Engine. I don't know what to expect in terms of
performance when I store, for example, 400 entities in the data store.
Are there resources where folks are contributing their metrics for
others to see?

Thanks.