I think that it is possible to manually configure your indexes as part of
your app.yaml file... or perhaps it is your index.yaml...

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 7:59 PM, GeekTantra <geektan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to create an application on appengine. The problem is when
> I deploy it to production, even with empty datastore, it takes atleast
> 2 hours for the indexes to start serving.
>
> The contents of the index.yaml are:
> - kind: comments
>  properties:
>  - name: content_type_id
>  - name: is_public
>  - name: is_removed
>  - name: object_pk
>  - name: site_id
>  - name: created
>
> - kind: comments
>  properties:
>  - name: content_type_id
>  - name: object_pk
>  - name: user_email
>  - name: user_name
>  - name: user_url
>  - name: created
>
> - kind: content_type
>  properties:
>  - name: app_label
>  - name: name
>
> - kind: pages
>  properties:
>  - name: post_status
>  - name: created
>
> - kind: pages
>  properties:
>  - name: post_status
>  - name: post_title
>
> - kind: posts
>  properties:
>  - name: post_status
>  - name: created
>
> - kind: posts
>  properties:
>  - name: post_status
>  - name: created
>    direction: desc
>

> No since I want to make this application an opensource product its
> important that people can deploy it instantly and see the results but
> without the indexes being served instantly I start getting 500
> errors(NoIndexErrors) instantly when I deploy. Is there a work around.
> Initially the datastore would be completely empty, so I presume the
> Indexing shouldn't take so much time.

Michael S. DeLaney
mdela...@delaneylawoffices.com

DeLaney Law Offices, Ltd.
ELDER LAW ATTORNEYS
14524 John Humphrey Drive
Orland Park, IL  60462

(708) 675-7144
(708) 675-7150 - Direct Dial
Fax: (866) 282-6509

NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission
(including any attachment) is intended by DeLaney Law Offices, Ltd. for the
use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may
contain information that it is privileged or otherwise confidential.  It is
not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, anyone other than the named
addressee (or a person authorized to deliver it to the named addressee).  It
should not be copied or forwarded to any unauthorized persons.  If you have
received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from
your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the
error by reply e-mail or by calling DeLaney Law Offices, Ltd. at
708-675-7144 so that our address record may be corrected.  Thank you.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was
neither written nor intended by the sender or DeLaney Law Offices, Ltd. to
be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax
penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or
refers to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a
partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer,
then (i) the advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a
person other than DeLaney Law Offices, Ltd.) of that transaction or matter,
and (ii) such taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular
circumstances from an independent tax advisor.