Thanks for the reply...

VAADIN does maintain its sessions, and clears them down if requested
to. Examining the data contained within ah_session using the
'Datastore Viewer', it seams to do a good job...

but, this doesn't explain the massive amount (in comparison) of data
in the 'Total Stored Data' quota.

I will file a report...

Thanks,
Tony.