For sure the Python Mail API does not raise an exception when using a
ReplyTo that is not a developer, etc. However, I _think_ it does raise
an exception for the From field.

What we have been seeing is intermittent delivery (recently) when
using a ReplyTo that is not a developer, etc. We are wondering if
something further down the line (other side of the API) is enforcing
something.