On Aug 26, 8:39 am, David Burns <theautomatedtes...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> I am getting this error too and I am not doing any URL fetches. I have
> put a lot of logging throughout my application and getting this error
> before any of my logging is hit
>
> #
>
>    1.
>       08-25 05:30AM 43.978 / 500 10011ms 0cpu_ms 0kb Mozilla/5.0
> (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like
> Gecko) Chrome/6.0.495.0 Safari/534.6,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
>       See details
>
>       89.21.226.10 - - [25/Aug/2010:05:30:53 -0700] "GET / HTTP/1.1"
> 500 0 - "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/
> 534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/6.0.495.0 Safari/
> 534.6,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)" "www.theautomatedtester.co.uk" ms=10012
> cpu_ms=0 api_cpu_ms=0 cpm_usd=0.000056
>
>    2.
>       W 08-25 05:30AM 53.989
>
>       Request was aborted after waiting too long to attempt to service
> your request. This may happen sporadically when the App Engine serving
> cluster is under unexpectedly high or uneven load. If you see this
> message frequently, please contact the App Engine team.
>
> My App does a quick read from the Datastore to work out what it needs
> to do from the URL and then carries on. My datastore is tiny (680kb
> according to the datastore statistics) so don't think that it could be
> due to me hitting the datastore.

The size of the datastore is completely irrelevant to speed; it's
built to scale.

This particular message should only be generated when your application
doesn't meet the criteria for creating a new instance to serve the
incoming request, and all existing instances are in use.  This is
generally because the existing instances are doing something that's
taking a lot of time; the log for the failed request isn't what's
relevant, it's the logs for the requests that are actually working
that you should be looking at, probably with AppStats as well.