Hello:
I have a GAE (and a GWT) app where in I am using JDO for the datastore
integration. I have an entity Customer who can have multiple
addresses.

CUSTOMER Entity:

@PersistenceCapable(identityType = IdentityType.APPLICATION)
public class Customer {
        @PrimaryKey
        @Persistent(valueStrategy = IdGeneratorStrategy.IDENTITY)
        Long id;

        @Persistent
        String customerID;

        @Persistent
        String customerName;

        @Element(dependent = "true")
        private List<Address> customerAddress;

ADDRESS Entity
@PersistenceCapable(identityType = IdentityType.APPLICATION)
public class Address {

        @PrimaryKey
        @Persistent(valueStrategy = IdGeneratorStrategy.IDENTITY)
        private Key key;

        @Persistent
        private String name;

        @Persistent
        private String type;

        @Persistent
        private String line1;

        @Persistent
        private String line2;

        @Persistent
        private String city;

        @Persistent
        private String state;
..

QUERY..
                PersistenceManager pm = PMF.get().getPersistenceManager();

                // Check if the customer already exists..
                Query queryCustomer = pm.newQuery(Group.class, "customerID ==
customerIDParam");
                queryCustomer
                                .declareParameters("String customerIDParam");
                List<Customer> customerList = (List<Customer>)
pm.newQuery(queryCustomer).execute(customerData.getCustomerID());

When the query is executed I get an exception:

throws java.lang.IllegalArgumentException' threw an unexpected
exception:
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.DatastoreNeedIndexException: no
matching index found..      <datastore-index kind="Address"
ancestor="true" source="manual">
        <property name="customerAddress_INTEGER_IDX" direction="asc"/>
    </datastore-index>

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong here. My expectation was
that since this is a basic One to Many dependent relationship, I dont
have to maintain any kind of indices. Any feedback would be
appreciated.
Thanks a lot.