In my case it's throwing a DeadlineExceededError before it even
reaches the code responsible for handling the request, meaning there
are no service requests at all before the error, only imports. It
occurs mostly when starting a new instance of the application so yes,
it's related to the imports taking too long. But importing Django 1.1
shouldn't take 30 seconds (that's the time for every request with
DeadlineExceededError).