I am finding my app works for a while and then stops and then comes
back again etc. This is now the third day of being unstable after
being stable for ages. I haven't changed the app at all. The main URI
normally averages: 57ms latency and 79cpu_ms. One page which is just a
Django template page and makes no calls to memcache or the DB gets
errors like this:

"Request was aborted after waiting too long to attempt to service your
request. This may happen sporadically when the App Engine serving
cluster is under unexpectedly high or uneven load. If you see this
message frequently, please contact the App Engine team."

Glad to see Google Engineers apparently ignoring this. I love the way
http://code.google.com/status/appengine shows that AppEngine is
running fine. What rubbish!

I use Azure and AWS and this is proving to be the worst cloud platform
of the lot so far whilst promising to be the most interesting for
certain class of application. Confidence in Google is draining fast.
Yes I know it is preview but Azure in Beta was far better and there
were engineers looking in the groups and scouring twitter etc. Would
you consider GAE for production applications if the service dashboard
says "100% perfect" when clearly it is not, and the engineers are not
engaging after a few days?

Very disappointed.