Hi,

In the last 24 ~ 48 hours, I have no longer been able to deploy apps to
my app engine account. I get error "Unable to update app: Unknown".

To be specific, I right-click my project in Eclipse, choose "Google" in
the menu, and "Deploy to App Engine" in the sub-menu. I supply my id
(my.em...@mydomain.com), and my password. These are the exact same
credentials that allow me access to
https://appengine.google.com/a/mydomain.com , and these credentials
have worked for my previous 23 deployments. My password is correct, no
CAPS LOCK, etc., and I can access my app engine account online just
fine.

Here's what happens: After a couple minutes of compiling and staging
are complete, I get an error dialog in eclipse that says: "Unable to
update app: Unknown". The deployment console says:

[... compiling and staging ...]
Initiating update.
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.ServerConnection$ClientLoginException:
Unknown

Debugging information may be found in C:\Documents and
Settings\username\Local
Settings\Temp\appengine-deploy5570861988423929801.log

This debugging log file is attached. There is a line that stands out in
that log file. It is a 403 error code which implies that there is
likely some kind of *authorization* issue going on after I authenticate.

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403
for URL: https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin

OK. There is one more fact I am suspicious about: My Google Apps domain
is participating in the "accounts transition", i.e.,
http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?answer=187513
However, I successfully "transistioned" my domain on Sep. 11, and have
successfully deployed to app engine between then and now. But this
account transition thing *is* a variable I am suspicious about.

Can anyone provide insight into why this is failing? Any workarounds? I
have tried multiple times all day today and it consistently fails. I am
completely dead in the water unable to update my app.... :-|

Regards,
Broc

Unable to update:
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.ServerConnection$ClientLoginException: Unknown
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.ServerConnection.getAuthToken(ServerConnection.java:296)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.ServerConnection.authenticate(ServerConnection.java:222)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.ServerConnection.send(ServerConnection.java:151)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.ServerConnection.post(ServerConnection.java:82)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppVersionUpload.send(AppVersionUpload.java:582)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppVersionUpload.beginTransaction(AppVersionUpload.java:400)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppVersionUpload.doUpload(AppVersionUpload.java:112)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.update(AppAdminImpl.java:56)
        at
com.google.appengine.eclipse.core.proxy.AppEngineBridgeImpl.deploy(AppEngineBridgeImpl.java:271)
        at
com.google.appengine.eclipse.core.deploy.DeployProjectJob.runInWorkspace(DeployProjectJob.java:145)
        at
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor31.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$6.run(Unknown Source)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown
Source)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.ServerConnection.connect(ServerConnection.java:346)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.ServerConnection.getAuthToken(ServerConnection.java:254)
        ... 11 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown
Source)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderFieldKey(Unknown Source)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getHeaderFieldKey(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.util.ClientCookieManager.readCookies(ClientCookieManager.java:123)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.ServerConnection.connect(ServerConnection.java:344)
        ... 12 more