In my app I use Django version 1.0, in stead of the default version
0.96.

To do this I have the following statements in my application entry
point script (as per instructions):

from google.appengine.dist import use_library
use_library('django', '1.0')

This has from the start (the last 16 months)  often caused an error
which has forced me to restart my developer environment.
But I have thought nothing of it, as it has worked flawlessy in
production - until now.

Now, the last couple of weeks I have gotten the same type of error a
couple of times in production.
The only cure has been to quickly upload a new version and make it
default.  Luckily I have had non-altered code at hand so I could do
this quickly and easily.  But I might have been in the middle of
altering my code for a next version.  What then? ...  (Yes, yes.  I
know. Version controlled code repository.)  But I digress.

Anyways.  Why has this error now started appearing?
And what is to be done about it?!

Here is the error message from the log:

10-18 04:03AM 17.255