I un-installed Google App Engine from my PC.

Downloaded the "GoogleAppEngine-1.3.8.msi" file from
http://code.google.com/appengine/downloads.html.

When I run the file to do the install, after agreeing to the license and
clicking next, the "Installing Google App Engine" screen shows.. but then an
pop-up opens that says:

"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.
 This may indicate a problem with this package.  The error code is 2908."

There is an "OK" button to clear the pop-up.. but a new pop-up just appears
with the same message.  I have to do "End Process" for the msiexec.exe
process.

It happened again on my second attempt at installing.

Anyway, not a big deal for me, just another reason to boot into Linux.  But,
seems odd getting an error like this for installing something that really
only needs to unzip some files to a folder destination.  (Hell, I even
unchecked all the boxes for installing shortcuts or modifying my path.)
 Never had a problem with installing any of the previous .msi files.

System Notes (in case there is some poor soul at Google who has to work on
the Windows Installer.. and who has to look into these sorts of issues):

IBM Thinkpad X61 with (this is a direct quote from the System Properties)
"Windows XP
 Tablet PC Edition 2005
 Version 2002 (?)
 Service Pack 3"
No Antivirus or Antispyware software installed.