I am not sure that they are not using tasks or crons for auto-scaling
threshold. Simply because because average latency is simply arithmetic
mean of every instance latency. I have simple user-facing request that
starts chain of 15 tasks. I have cold start for this user-facing
request and second cold start for fifth task. With two instances now
servicing only tasks, average latency is changed because of every task
instance latency and although my task usually have let's say 200 ms
latency, because of this pending_ms time average latency is 662.2 ms.
But who can predict what will happen with 50 clients (this is web
application, not web page) how can I be sure that in this situation
there will not be too big pending time, maybe even
DeadlineExceededException only because of this pending_ms time
included in average latency.