Redacted areas from believe highlighted in bold. Personally I think that
explains a lot but I'm no lawyer.

8.1. *Google claims no ownership or control over any Content or Application.
You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in the Content
and/or Application, and you are responsible for protecting those rights, as
appropriate. * By submitting, posting or displaying the Content on or
through the Service you give Google a worldwide, royalty-free, and
non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish,
publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such Content *for the sole
purpose of enabling Google to provide you with the Service in accordance
with its privacy policy. *Furthermore, by creating an Application through
use of the Service, you give Google a worldwide, royalty-free, and
non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish,
publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such Application* for the