Thank you Robert,
I tried with the verbose option but I still get the same error without
more information. One of my teammates has the same problem but another
one can do deploys with no problem.
What I have realized is that the update fails in the precompilation.
Precompilation: 11 files left.
Rolling back the update.
Error 503: --- begin server output ---

Try Again (503)
An unexpected failure has occurred. Please try again.
--- end server output ---
If deploy fails you might need to 'rollback' manually.
The "Make Symlinks..." menu option can help with command-line work.
*** appcfg.py has finished with exit code 1 ***

and not while uploading. I had never had a problem like this one
before. A rollback had always solved any problem.
Raul