Hi Eli,

Thanks for asking.

The EC2 app was originally written more than 4 years ago using a .NET
MySQL tech stack.  It has had fairly minor updates since, but the
original developer is mostly unavailable for further development.  The
app is currently running on a single EC2 instance and it allows us to
manage a single project at a time.   We will we need a more nimble
environment because we will be running multiple projects at a time,
that are up to 10 times more complex, with more varied user
engagement.

There is still a fair possibility that we would stick with our current
EC2 methodology and put off the inevitable tech rewrite.  But we are
currently between projects, and have the opportunity to switch
technologies now and avoid the "changing tires while speeding down the
freeway" syndrome that we might have a year from now.

John