The few I have gotten recently have been from China and Iran.

That's ok if it is illegal to serve pages to those countries.
However, it would be much better to have a descriptive error message,
for example:

"Google App Engine, the web host for this site, is not legally allowed
to serve web visitors from China under United States electronic export
laws.  We apologize for the inconvenience."

That would explain to the visitor what is going on in a much more
clear and less offensive way, I think.