That tweet above was mine. We've been seeing this message pop up on
and off on http://gri.pe and I've been working on solutions for the
last few days.

I've seen this redirect happen if your uploader modifies the URL at
all. This includes appending anything to the path or adding a query
string. We've also been seeing otherwise valid blobstore upload URLs
get invalidated on occasion on http://gri.pe, but I haven't done
enough testing to rule out some sort of expiry/timeout.

The plupload library works great for uploading to the blobstore, but
by default it adds ?name= to the upload URL, breaking the blobstore
URL signature and causing that error. I've got a patched version up on
our site that only supports the html4 and html5 upload methods, but is
verified tested across all browsers against the blobstore upload URLs
in prod and dev. If you want, I can dig out the unminified source too:

http://www.gri.pe/static/plupload/plupload.full.min.js