From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appeng...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Edda UX
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5:40 PM
To: Google App Engine
Subject: [google-appengine] Potential GAE Usage

Folks, I've been using GAE for a couple of weeks now and its a great setup
and I've taught myself Python so things are very interesting but I'm quickly
becoming aware of the "edges" and how best to use GAE.

I've used GAE for a pet project at my current work place, but could I use it
for a consulting sideline? I don't think the business version would suit as
these app/sites could be for different clients and this is where the fuzzy
line is coming into play.

With web apps / websites becoming increasingly blurred, it appears that GAE
may be suitable to build e-commerce sites, web apps but I wouldn't be
confident enough that I could build this info a business and rely on GAE as
they have certain restrictions. Would this mean I need to look at a AWS
setup (more work setting the box up etc, but more control) rather than GAE.

I would be interested to hear peoples opinions on where GAE sits in the
grand scheme of things and would google allow me to develop apps / websites
on GAE rather than going to a hosting company or amazon and renting a VPS or
cloud equivalent.

Cheers