At would concur with most criticisms. Developing on GAE is chall-engine. :)

However I stick to GAE because I think that many of the limitations
are temporary and that platform as a service is the way to go. When
scaling the advantages outnumber the disadvantages by an order of
magnitude. I prefer hiring 2 additional developers who are going to do
the back-flips GAE requires (and it does) once and for all rather than
employing an army of sysadmins who are going to tweaks load balancers,
app servers, and db replicas on an ongoing basis for the rest of their
employment life.

Daniel
--
superco...@gmail.com