You need a publicly accessible IP that Facebook's servers can hit to load
the contents of your canvas page.  (127.0.0.1 is a special loopback address
that is only valid on your computer.)

I suggest using a service like DynDNS to register a host name like
myapp.homeip.net and then use their tools to automatically update DNS
records with your current IP as it changes (assuming you don't have a
static, public IP for your dev machine).  Then update your Facebook app
settings to point to this host name.

If you are behind a firewall/NAT you will need to make a hole in that and/or
configure port forwarding.

When you start your local server you will need to bind it to your LAN
address instead of loopback.  Eg. "-a 192.168.1.1"

I have also found it useful to create two separate Facebook apps.  One for
testing where it points to your dev machine and one for production that
points to Google.

-Chris