Well, there is one issue from the start.  See the section titled
"Inequality Filters Are Allowed On One Property Only"

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/datastore/queriesandindexes.html#Restrictions_on_Queries

It can be very tricky to perform diverse ad-hoc queries on App Engine.
 If you have a good understanding of your data and how users will
_usually_ want to interact with it, you can design for the
limitations.  For example, one possible way to handle the 'two
inequality' issue:  add a boolean property, 'a_less_than_50', that you
can query on.  You will very likely need to do some degree of in-app
filtering.  To handle some complex queries you might need to use tasks
to process your data and build the result set.

As far as the size goes, you should not have any issues.  I would
suggest you read up on how the datastore works though.  Google has
posted some articles that are a very good starting point:
http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/datastore/overview.html

Robert