Hi,
  It sounds like you've got the basic idea.  You'll start a task that
will fetch the twitter stream you're interested in, that task will
insert another task to fetch again, and the process continues.  You
need to name your tasks to prevent a task-bomb (fork bomb).  I think
Nick talks about that in his blog:
     http://blog.notdot.net/2010/03/Task-Queue-task-chaining-done-right

  Although if it is something you just need to do over and over every
five minutes I would look into using cron.

Robert