I always assumed the blue was cpu time and the red api time. Please
feel free to correct me if I am wrong though.

While we're on the topic of appstats does anyone get a zero value
reported for cpu and api times? I only ever get readings such as this:

real=774ms cpu=0ms api=0ms overhead=0ms

Not helpful at all :P