@glenn_blackler :

>From what you say, it seems to me that the authentication option for you App
Engine instance (configurable from under App Engine Dashboard >
Administration > Application Settings > Authentication Options ) uses
"Google Accounts API".

To also enable Google Apps users to login, you will have to change this to
"(Experimental) Federated Login" and then implement the login code to handle
this option. I use federated login for my hosted CRM
app<http://crm.ifreetools.com> and
database app-creator app <http://creator.ifreetools.com>, to allow both
Google user accounts and Google Apps user accounts.

For more details on using Federated Login refer to :
http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/openid.html

Adding the app to the Google Apps domain, while not required for Google Apps
users to login using OpenID, can still be useful if your customers want to
map the application to their
sub-domain<http://blogs.ifreetools.com/2009/11/ifreetools-crm-on-your-sub-domain-with.html>
.

Regards,