I've not tried to port data from python to java either but am comfortable
with accessing the raw data objects from big table.
Essentially you are dealing with Entity and Property objects.

This is the javadoc for the low level api
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/javadoc/com/google/appengine/api/datastore/package-summary.html

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Tim Hoffman <zutes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> You can always get the underlying raw entity. I wouldn't have a clue how
> you go about that in java.
> But the underlying datastore is the same for both environments.
>
> Rgds

>  --

-- A. Stevko