+1
this is causing serious issues with transactions and seems to have
started last week (2nd of Jan).
See my post on Saturday :
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/8e3d224c71b5346a#

instances keep cycling up and down and between 30 to 35 minutes every
hour,
as well as high http500 errors, requests that finally do complete,
take 10secs to 20secs.
Usually they take 20ms to 400ms.

Regards,
n.