Hey guys, sorry about the delay getting back to you on this, but I wanted to
get the answer before posting.

There was a push made to an hour job that computes quotas. The
push inadvertently locks blocks of data so they cannot be written. In the
short term,  we've changed the job to lock far less frequently, and we are
moving to a model where locks are infrequent or unnecessary.

--
Ikai Lan
Blogger: http://googleappengine.blogspot.com