Just a guess...
are you using GWT with development mode or similar frameworks?

In GWT, development mode (on the fly execution) and production mode
(compiled javascript) sometimes differ in layout details, such as
dimensions, float, HTML elements wraparound behavior.
If you don't try a compiled version of your front end before deploying
you can miss to notice such differences.

Buona fortuna
Lorenzo