A HEAD request is like a GET or POST request.
The request handler must have a def head(self) method. The responds
should be the result of a GET request but without the body.
I don't know how webapp or another framework handles it after the
return of the head() function.

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/webapp/requesthandlerclass.html