Hi all,

I'm getting in touch for the first time with JDO and even though I
read the docs regarding this topic (http://code.google.com/intl/de-DE/
appengine/docs/java/datastore/jdo/) I still face a few problems. Maybe
someone can help me out?!

At the moment I'm working on my local machine (not in the cloud!). But
what I already read about that the eclipse google app engine plugin
provides me apart from the web server a local database (in fact I can
validate this because since I try to save/read data from my local
database I have a new folder on my local machine within my war/WEB-INF
file called appengine-generated).

This is my lastest very easy approach:

DatastoreService datastore =
DatastoreServiceFactory.getDatastoreService();
datastore.put( erzeugeEntity( getModelObject() ) );
try {
  Entity entity = datastore.get( KeyFactory.createKey( "Vorname",
"Marc" ) );
}
catch (EntityNotFoundException e) {
   System.out.println( "nix da" );
}

Query q = new Query( "select from Antwort" );
int countEntities = datastore.prepare( q ).countEntities();

private Entity erzeugeEntity( ValueMap values ) {

Entity retval = new Entity( "Antwort" );
retval.setProperty( VORNAME, (String) values.get( VORNAME ) );
return retval;

}

Neither the get via KEY nor the Query returned any entities. Can
someone assist me solving this problem.

Thanks in advance.