On Jan 23, 1:12 am, Robert Kluin <robert.kl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you're trying to do this using Mako templates, here is a fully
> functional 'demo' that you should be able to easily adapt to do
> exactly what you're asking about.

Thanks! But I decided in principle not to use templates at this stage.
It is better for me to see all the code in one file. I tried the
template solution with the django templates and it works. But then I
found the way to pass the url parameter to the form:

        self.response.out.write("""
        <form name="submit_form" action="/directorysubmithandler"
method="post" onSubmit="return validate_form()">
        title: <input type="text" name="title" size=50><br />
        url: <input type="text" name="url" size=50><br />
        <input type="hidden" name="dir_type" value="%s")>
        <input type="submit" value="submit">
        </form>""" % self.request.get("type"))

and this works.

Thanks again for your help.