In general, we don't make comments on upcoming features. You are welcome to
check the roadmap for updates:

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/roadmap.html

While we're planning Channel API improvements, have you looked into
providers such as beaconpush.com or pubnub.com? If there's a product you are
looking to build, you should take a pragmatic approach and look into what'll
work instead of being blocked waiting on features that need to be
implemented.

--
Ikai Lan
Blogger: http://googleappengine.blogspot.com