I've been getting these spikes since I started testing on the 3rd Feb.

As I'm just testing to see if my app works on the HR datastore, at the
moment, there is very low traffic.  These spikes seem to occur when I
haven't hit the app for a few hours, so I'd almost put them down to loading
requests if they weren't so high and they were being logged as such.  I've
started checking in the admin console before I hit the application and I
always have two instances apparently waiting for requests.  On Sunday I hit
a 10th of my free CPU allocation through 20 requests hitting my app, purely
because the CPU spikes were so high.