My app is also down for what appears to be an identical situation.
I have a US server that retrieves data from my appspot app. The app is
reporting the same error forbidden country. I am a paying customer. I
use more than the free quota every day and I have no way it seems of
contacting google to resolve this. My site has been down for at least
1 day.  I have posted an issue with issue tracker but after 7hrs still
no response there also. My site has worked for over a year with out
any major problems.