Actually in order for naked domain transfer to work, you must have the
A record @ points to "64.202.189.170" on GoDaddy. This is supposed to
be the default behavior when you check "Update my DNS settings to
support this change. (Recommended)" in the domain manager but somehow
didn't happen to me. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Cheers,

Mars