I am using the resumable upload function to Google Docs in App Engine.

I thought I would be able to use the new Files API to accomplish this.

My question is how can I use the new Files API to grab a reference to a blob
and cast to file in the following code snippet:

MediaFileSource mediaFile = *new* MediaFileSource(file, contentType);

The problem is the resumable upload expects a regular file type when
creating a MediaFileSource and obviously App Engine does not allow reading
from the users file system – will the new Files Api help with this?

Any help hugely appreciated...

Thanks,

Ian.