Yes, they aren't whitelisting apps based on id and that sucks. I'm not using
the search API, I'm making use of authenticated API calls against each user
and it has been working well (my app makes thousands of reqs per hour).

There actually is no rate limit on the calls I make (they are posts not get
and twitter puts limits on gets). But, the twitter API team said that at
times when there are excessive requests, they block these calls as well.

I'm guessing there's some other app that is making a lot of post requests
that are similar to mine. I don't know how to get over this. Right now I'm
trying to move these calls over to some other server, been working on it.

But, I love the appengine, I want to be here :( Is there no way you can make
my app use some other ip range, that might help.

-N

On 8 April 2011 10:17, Nick Johnson (Google) <nick.john...@google.com>wrote:

> Hi Nischal,
>
> Are you using the search API, or one of the other APIs? The Search API
> doesn't require authentication, and so is limited by IP range. The most
> likely explanation is not a single badly behaving app - it's simply that
> there are a lot of App Engine apps that want to communicate with Twitter.
> This is a problem with any service that doesn't have dedicated IPs for each
> customer - and that's only going to get worse with the exhaustion of the
> IPv4 address space, unfortunately.
>
> We provide the App ID in the referer header so services like Twitter can
> distinguish requests from different apps for the purpose of ratelimiting and
> abuse detection, but Twitter haven't implemented anything to break apps out
> on this basis.
>

> -Nick Johnson
>
> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 11:33 AM, nischalshetty
> <nischalshett...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> My app has been facing limit issues with the twitter API and under
>> regular circumstances this should not have happened. I've been in
>> talks with the twitter API team from the last 36 hours and they
>> checked things on their end. They say that the most probable cause is
>> some app on the same ip range as my app which might be making a lot of
>> requests causing my app to be rate limited in the process.
>>
>> I don't know what a quick solution to this is but I might have to move
>> away from appengine because my app is unusable right now. My app has
>> been running from the last 1 year on the appengine and has 200k+
>> users. I need your help :(
>>
>> My app id is "justunfollow" . Is there any way you can move it to a
>> different ip range?
>>

>> -Nischal
>>
>> --

> Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine
>

>  --

-Nischal
+91-9920240474
twitter: NischalShetty <http://twitter.com/nischalshetty>