We're still sorting out the details, but we will most likely be charging for
entity reads, entity writes, and index writes.  This is actually pretty
similar to what we do today, but we think the units are easier to understand
than cpu.

Under this proposed model, multiget/multiput are a single api call but the
cost will be determined by the number of entities you are fetching or the
number of entities and indexes you are writing with that single api call.

Question for Spines:
Why do you feel that charging the same amount for reads and writes
discourages efficiency?  I think the correct incentives are in place under
the proposed model: For writes, if you have fewer indices on your entity
your writes are cheaper.  For reads, the cost is directly tied to how much
data you pull back.

Hope this helps,
Max