Also, we should stop calling these Instances. These are just Processes
really.
The billing doesn't meter for memory consumed by an instance or the CPU
consumed... just plain Instance per hour pricing.. the Instances which are
comparable to those on EC2 only in pricing.

Appengine has always encouraged using memcached for all caching
requirements. I wouldn't mind if my Process gets torn down if it doesn't get
requests for a minute or two.. Why should it be up for an entire hour?

Deferred tasks, Queues, Crons all result in new requests and potentially new
Processes..

This whole way of thinking in terms of Instances in appengine is so
contrived.