Some thoughts...

The problem here is that now I am supposed to be moving from M/S datastore
to a new app with HR. At which point I'll get to pay for anything more than
100 recipients/day.

So I am sitting here with a conundrum. I need to migrate off M/S. Right? So
where do I go? Do I stay with GAE or move to a more standard java server
hosting environment (EC2 or whatever). I'm going to have to migrate to
something. And right now it is sounding really risky to stay with GAE. If I
go ahead and migrate off GAE now, then I'll be in a much better position the
next time my hosting company decides to drastically change things on me. I
feel like you guys are totally taking advantage of the fact that its a
little harder to migrate off GAE because of all the Google specific APIs.

Honestly, having to migrate at all sucks. I like my appid. I have it
hardcoded into native mobile apps on iphone and android (needed SSL for the
native apps so I had to use the appspot name). Getting an alias sounds good
in theory, but I'm not sure how to switch to using one without avoiding
downtime for the native apps.  I really wish it were possible to move to HRD
without changing appids. Then I wouldn't have to lose the sweet deal I have
on emails and I wouldn't have to update my native apps.

So I need to migrate. I need to update my native apps to point to something.
I'm not sure that will be a GAE app.

Conflicted,
Stephen