Some pricing changes are a bit weird, like sending emails. Google made
Gmail. And now I can send more free emails with my private account
than with my app? Was old quota really so bad? Now I will have to pay
even to have an option to send out reasonable amount of password
remainder emails... or activation emails. And it's one thing that can
be abused by someone that wants to raise my bills or just block this
function if it hits the limit.

Google should avoid any changes that make you wonder "maybe I should
integrate some external tool/service with my app". That's just
opposite to what GAE stands for - it should be easy, without any
hassle, without dividing your app, using hacks and weird solutions. I
want whole package in one place - but I will use those workarounds if
they are really cheaper. Most of us here are to make money.