From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of saidimu apale
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 12:52 PM
To: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [google-appengine] So Tell Me About GO

The value of a language is more than just the language core and standard
libraries. It's also in the ecosystem around the language. Python has an
awesome ecosystem around it and a decent chunk of packages can run
unmodified on App Engine (though some key packages can't run on GAE).

Deciding to rewrite your code from scratch is no small undertaking. It's sad
that you're forced to consider this.

I think Java is a better bet at this point. There's no telling when GAE's Go
will have the single-thread restrictions lifted. Plus, the ecosystem around
Java is arguably much larger than that around Go.

saidimu