If you look at the go docs it looks like it only supports sync ops on
urlfetch/datastore/etc. However when one of these ops is started then other
goroutines start running. And the goroutines can send messages to each
other. So go provides the only language-native async system for gae. Rob
Pike claims that this is a good way to think about async operations. There
isn't much CPU involved usually, so the restriction to 1 thread is really
irrelevant most of the time.

However you'd need to be very brave to go for go when we haven't even seen a
draft of how they plan to do transactions and channels. Or have we?