Hi all,

I'm embarking on a fairly large scale and ambitious GAE app using JDO and GWT(UI). My previous entrepreneurial spirit led me to develop ZoeOS, a desktop Java/Swing based front-end and management tool for E-MU E4 hardware digital samplers (http://www.zuonics.com) . I designed that product from the bottom up i.e worked on the remoting layers first, then designed a database/cache layer. From there I developed the business logic and finally the Swing GUI evolved from there.

My question is this:

For a web app based in GAE, should I follow the same approach, working from bottom up, and develop a domain model first? Or should I design a UI in GWT first and work downwards from that UI specification?

Any input appreciated.

thanks
Paul C. Meehan