From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Stephen Johnson
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:42 AM
To: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [google-appengine] Still confused about Storage reported for
billing and Datastore

Hi Brandon,
Different Steve here. Anyway, when I mentioned in a different thread about
indexes, you also have to count your property indexes as well.
For each property that you have indexed (and these wouldn't show up in your
configured indexes) you have two indexes defined: one ascending and one
descending. If these properties have large amounts of data, for example,
string/text data then it is copied to those indexes as well as the keys so
if you have very long key values then it is in those indexes. Also, if you
have long property names those are copied over and over again with each
piece of data. In a different thread I posted some general guidelines that
help to keep these numbers low.
Steve