allbuttonspressed.com comes to mind. it's based off django nonrel and
works nice with appengine.
a friend of mine showed it to me.
it's nice, but not exactly what most people would want from a CMS.

but I really wouldn't recommend anyone making a CMS just because you
need it.
this kind of lone-ranger CMS always gets done basically for what the
person needs, and not what a flexible CMS is supposed to provide.
and with all the need for plugins to work off the box, I don't see a
quick Joomla or Wordpress port working...

the thing about app engine is that, as it's so new, there's not much
things developed for it.
and I predict it never will, unless python takes off as the main
language for web apps;
that would require other cloud services such as Cloud Foundry to want
this as well...