OK, I finally got around to trying this. Works like a charm. Thanks for such a simple fix to my problem

Cheers, Eric

On 2011-05-14 10:15 AM, Erick Fleming wrote:
Actually I was wrong I on the last point. If you use appengine_web.xml [1] to configure your static files as "excluded" then appengine won't move them to the "static" server. Therefore, you can use a statandard filtering mechanism for those files.

[1] http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/config/appconfig.html#Including_and_Excluding_Files