URL Fetch is good for 10 seconds.  WP often is not that fast.  Likely you
will need to write a PHP Proxy that excepts Post requests and use it to
forward to the XMLRPC receiver on Wordpress, that way you can send the data
and have PHP do the waiting.  (that's assuming you are adding not querying).

From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Emlyn
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:29 PM
To: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [google-appengine] Application Error: 5 when calling WordPress
via xmlrpclib

It's already in a task. Also, I'm not directly using urlfetch; I'm using
pyblog.py which uses xmlrpclib which I guess ultimately uses urlfetch, so I
can't set the deadline directly (although there do seem to be timeout
mechanisms, they just don't work past 5 seconds as GAE cuts the call off).

One thing I'm hoping someone can answer is, will using the new "backend"
functionality result in getting a longer time limit here? Does anyone know?